Customer Service Associate Full-Time
Category: Retail Store
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0012203
Customer Service Associate
Alltown Fresh is a newly launched brand expected to disrupt and forever change the traditional convenience store market. In addition to fuel for their vehicles, Alltown Fresh offers local communities healthy, fresh food choices and made-to-order meals – including organic, natural, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and locally-sourced alternatives – all in a rush-free environment where neighbors can hang out with one another. We believe people shouldn’t need to sacrifice healthy and fresh food choices for convenience. Alltown Fresh is the first convenience market in America to offer fresh food choices, as well as gas/diesel, a café, coffee, outdoor seating, groceries, craft beer (when permitted), wifi, pet relief areas, traditional snack options, phone and electric car charging stations.
Essential Job Function:
Works in support of the store management team to facilitate the completion of all store level tasks and performs a variety of tasks related to different areas of the store including food preparation, cash register duties, customer service, general housekeeping and other related functions. Ensures exceptional customer experience every time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet customers and provide an enjoyable shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner. Utilize corporate customer service model to ensure customer engagement.
- Support and follow safety and security guidelines
- Ensure proper execution of assigned programs and procedures.
- Operate the point of sale pursuant to corporate standards; maintain proper cash levels.
- Adhere to the execution of established safety, security, quality and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
- Ensure proper execution of all assigned store level marketing programs
- Complete all store housekeeping functions (cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping, emptying trash etc)
- Replenish products and supplies to ensure in stock conditions at all times
- Communicate with store management team regarding customer requests and vendor-related concerns
- Check in external and internal vendors per established procedures.
- Complete other tasks as assigned by store management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional customer service by providing pleasant greeting and parting remarks and make eye contact with customers
- Superior relationship building skills
- Highly effective communication
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday and/or evening shifts and assist other locations as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates and guests
- Ability to count, read and write accurately to complete required paperwork
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to operate the store
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years old to be considered for this position
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to freely access all area of the store including, selling floor, stock area, and register area
- Ability to reach, bend, twist, stoop, kneel and/or crouch during a shift
- Ability to climb ladders/stairs
- Work in intermittent temperatures (i.e. cooler, outside, etc.,)
Full Time/Part Time Non-Exempt
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.