Albany, New York
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0012394
The Terminal position is responsible for the safe operation of the onsite rail, pipeline, barge and truck rack equipment and duties. In addition, the position is responsible for day-to-day loading and unloading of all petroleum products by operating the necessary equipment in order to meet the goals, policies and objectives of the Company and maintain a safe, environmentally conscientious and efficient quality work environment
• Timely sampling, loading and unloading of products by rail, truck and pipeline.
• Stock inventory in designated areas.
• Proper completion of all records related to plant shipments.
• Monitor loading/unloading operations, operate machinery and monitor computer systems
• Advise shift supervision about safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and production issues.
• Follow all required programs/policies including the LOTO procedures.
• Take samples, perform analyses and take measurements to determine product quality.
• Field operation of equipment throughout the facility.
• Operate forklift and other mobile equipment.
• Maintain work areas and housekeeping.
• Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information.
• Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as needed.
• Provide emergency and unscheduled repairs during operations.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, repair and replace parts, test and make adjustments to ensure equipment operation.
• Complete all daily, weekly, monthly operational reports accurately.
• Perform preventive and predictive maintenance as scheduled.
• Inform appropriate management of potential operational and/ or equipment problems.
• Maintain all Safety, Environmental and Quality standards as it pertains to your job.
• Assist in the developing, following and enforcing Terminal safety policies and procedures.
• Handoff communications with oncoming/off-going shifts
• Complete any and all tasks assigned by Terminal Management.
• Participate in ongoing safety programs, safety training and following all safety procedures
• Promote compliance with all safety and environmental policies and/or standards.
• Able and willing to work night shift.
• Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, Hazard Communication, Fire Prevention, etc. . .
• Petroleum product transfers at our Pipeline Terminal facility, along with daily maintenance and inventory control.
• Ability to work manual labor outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, rain, cold, etc. including, but not limited to; shoveling, digging, and painting
• Ability to wear dust masks
• Must be able to do shift work including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime
• Have good basic math and computer skills
• Must be able to perform light janitorial duties
• Must be able to align pipelines and valves to receive and to discharge product to or from storage tanks and tank trucks
• Must be able to gauge and compute product levels in tanks
• Strong mechanical aptitude to maintain and repair pumps, meters, truck loading equipment, and small engines helpful
• Other tasks as assigned.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.