Food Service Assistant Manager
Schenectady, New York
Category: Retail Store
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0012750
Alltown Fresh is a newly launched brand expected to disrupt and forever change the traditional convenience store market. In addition to fuel for their vehicles, Alltown Fresh offers local communities healthy, fresh food choices and made-to-order meals – including organic, natural, vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and locally-sourced alternatives – all in a rush-free environment where neighbors can hang out with one another. We believe people shouldn’t need to sacrifice healthy and fresh food choices for convenience. Alltown Fresh is the first convenience market in America to offer fresh food choices, as well as gas/diesel, a café, coffee, outdoor seating, groceries, craft beer (when permitted), wifi, pet relief areas, traditional snack options, phone and electric car charging stations.
Essential Job Function:
The Food Service Assistant Manager (FSAM) is responsible for assisting the Food Service Manager (FSM) through managing all aspects of the food service and beverage operation. By utilizing the food service team, the assistant manager is responsible for the efficient execution of all fresh food/ food service programs in compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines and supporting the Food Service Manager in all facets of running the kitchen. The FSAM, in conjunction with the FSM, is responsible for training the Food Service Associates in the store. The FSAM is responsible for maintaining a safe, sanitary and appetizing food service environment. The FSAM ensures an exceptional customer experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a pleasant shopping experience for all customers. Respond to customer complaints or inquiries. Solicit customer feedback, input and information through various communication vehicles. React to information and create a plan to consistently meet the expectations of all customers.
- Ensure the 24/7 execution of all food service programs including proper ordering, production planning, product handling and display.
- Responsible to meet and/or exceed food service and beverage performance and profitability goals according to corporate objectives.
- Execute food service efficiencies and ensure planograms are utilized and followed.
- Oversee the inventory and ordering of product and supplies and ensure routine maintenance and upkeep of the food service equipment and facilities.
- Analyze food service results and trends. Prepare action plans to leverage the store’s fresh food strengths and address areas of opportunity to ensure food service profitability. Execute all action plans.
- Responsible to be an expert on all food service marketing programs, campaigns, strategies and initiatives. Educate all food service associates to be the same.
- Execute the training, coaching and performance management of food service customer service associates. Assist with all matters relating to food service associates and the store team - recruiting, hiring, training, coaching, associate engagement and performance management. Recognize and reward associates.
- Execute the corporate training plan for store staff and effectively conduct hands on training to ensure associate proficiency.
- Ensure execution of established safety, security, quality, and store operations policies, procedures and practices.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work well individually as well as in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Detail oriented and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to apply critical thinking skills in all situations
- Ability to apply root cause techniques in order to solve problems
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and independently
- Proven self-starter with demonstrated ability to make decisions
- Understanding of store finances and awareness of impact to business
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors repetitively throughout a shift: standing, walking, handling, reaching horizontally and grasping firmly
- Must be able to perform the following physical behaviors frequently throughout a shift: reaching above the shoulder, reaching below the waist, pushing buttons, bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling and pushing
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to learn and utilize the store’s technology
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Leadership experience required, leadership experience in a food service environment preferred
- Availability to work all shifts, weekends, and holidays, based on business needs
- Experience selecting, training, performance management of staff, sales building, scheduling and managing expenses
- Proven and consistently demonstrated skills in the following:
- Exceptional Customer Service
- Relationship Building
- Effective Communication
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.