Retail Accounting Clerk
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0013352
Come join a growing team with opportunities to advance your career!
The ideal candidate will be a highly energetic, detail-oriented team player who can deliver during critical time frames. The candidate’s financial knowledge and ambition should allow them to seamlessly step into the role. Forward thinking and analytics will be essential to identify issues and provide solutions to the team. This position has multiple responsibilities including processing daily sales data from company operated stores and commission agents, managing daily paperwork, supporting our operational team, and reconciling monthly reports. This position will be under the direction of the Retail Accounting Supervisor.
Essential Job Functions;
- Daily monitoring of Commission Agent paperwork and entries in Petronet or daily monitoring of Company Operated paperwork.
- Logging of paperwork daily , emailed or faxed by Commission Agents or mailed by Company Operated locations.
- Daily DRSA review to ensure paperwork submissions by all locations.
- Perform weekly audits of locations to validate accuracy of paperwork entries.
- Manually enter daily for certain Commission Agent sites that are unable to enter their own paperwork.
- Initial review of Company Operated cash over/shorts, including escalation for clarification of variances.
- Complete weekly fuel review reports and research any fuel issues. Review bi-monthly sales and stick reading reports for issues.
- Reconcile weekly reports including, but not limited to, gift cards, phone cards, and money orders.
- Complete the draft process for company 300 & 400 Commission Agents.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Operations team including Territory Managers, Store Managers, and Commission Agents.
- Follow the escalation process to retrieve missing paperwork or address issues with stores.
- Complete month end reconciliations including, but not limited to, credit card reports, loyalty reports, general ledger reconciliations, coupons, and university cards.
- Validate CT Turnpike stores for month end reporting.
- Assist with department procedures as needed.
- Fill in for co-workers as needed.
- Cultivate an environment that encourages maximum productivity, professional development, open communication, and team work.
- Perform such other tasks and assignments as determined by the Retail Accounting Supervisor or Manager as the result of a growing business need that promotes continuous improvement and team work.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- Highly organized with an attention to detail.
- Analytical skills with the ability to research and identify potential issues.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize their work effectively.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook.
- Must possess a high degree of professionalism, integrity, and have the ability to handle confidential information in a discreet manner.
- Success working both individually and within a team in a fast-paced environment with hard deadlines. Ability to ensure accuracy and timeliness while collaborating with others to meet these deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, to help develop positive working relationships with all levels of employees.
- Willingness to learn new skills and continue their growth and knowledge of the business.
- Ability to handle miscellaneous projects as the business needs require.
- Availability to work extra hours when the need arises.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.