Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0013485
Global Partners is currently seeking a self-motivated Project Manager to join our project management team in our headquarters location. We are looking for a creative and dedicated individual, who is open-minded, business and operationally oriented, with demonstrated project management and facilitation skills, who will fit with our collaborative culture. In this important role, you will work with all levels of the organization to further Global’s business goals by supporting, participating in and/or leading and executing a variety of business, administrative and IT projects. The successful candidate will be commercially curious, an excellent communicator, a natural leader and be willing to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Key components of the position are as follows:
- Effectively manage a number of projects and/or business initiatives which enhance systems, processes and solutions across multiple lines of business.
- Effectively manage/coordinate all information and work related to a variety of projects and business initiatives including, but not limited to project schedules and plans, data requests, assignments, issues lists, agendas and timelines.
- Develop and grow strong relationships with project team members.
- Coordinate and schedule project team meetings and associated working sessions as needed.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Develop and publish communications, including status decks, task plans, timelines, and issues lists to project team members as needed.
- Create templates and tools to structure information and data for project documentation.
- Effectively track and manage project budgets.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and work with the SVP of Project Management and business owners to devise contingency plans.
- Ensure all assigned projects, tasks, and activities are delivered on time and within budget
- BA or BS degree
- 5+ years project management experience or operational equivalent
- A demonstrated track record of successful project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills -- ability to prioritize and effectively manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Experience at working both independently as well as in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
- Highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong ability to work collaboratively with all levels of colleagues and management
- Demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Experience in Oil/Gas industry a significant advantage.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Collaborative and team oriented work style
- Strong influencing and leadership skills
- Ability to inspire cooperation from a wide variety of colleagues and management
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment and to be flexible and adapt approach as needed to achieve goals
- Strong work ethic – Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
- Outstanding organization skills -- ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.