Food Service Supervisor
Old Chatham, New York
Category: Retail Store
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0013492
With nearly 1,500 locations, primarily in the Northeast, Global is one of the largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Our convenient stores are comprised of: Alltown, Mr. Mike's XtraMart, On the Run and Fast Freddie's. Global is No. 146 in the Fortune 500 list of America’s largest corporations. Global is a publicly traded master limited partnership that is a midstream logistics and marketing company that owns, controls, or has access to one of the largest terminal networks of petroleum products and renewable fuels in the Northeast. Global also is one of the largest distributors of gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers in New England and New York.
We want YOU to work for Global and be part of our growing company. Where does your future lie and how can we help you get there? Now is your time to join our team! Apply Now!
The fresh foods supervisor will effectively direct and supervise all activities of the deli/food service department and its personnel to achieve merchandising, sales and customer service goals established for the department. Must have previous food service management experience (2 years minimum) and must truly have a love and passion for food and serving the customer!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Directing department personnel, meeting department’s goals and objectives, communicating directly with the store management and department supervisors.
- Selecting, on-boarding and coaching all new team members.
- Scheduling all team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensuring department personnel follow all county, city and company food safety and sanitation guidelines and policies.
- Ordering the products and supplies necessary to maintain adequate stock levels and keep merchandising levels at prescribed standards.
- Overseeing the preparation and serving/merchandising of deli/ food service items, which includes items such as breakfast, lunch and dinner entrees, fried foods, pizzas, prepared salads, soups, soups, sandwiches, roller grill items, hot and cold beverages and snack items.
- Displaying deli/food service items following del/food service department and/or company merchandising guidelines.
- Follow product recipes without deviation.
- Attentively rotating deli/food service items for sale, ensuring quality and safety and product shrink control.
- Receiving merchandise for sale and supplies, auditing invoices, breaking down orders, positioning cases of products in the deli storage area or in refrigerated walk-in coolers or frozen food walk-ins freezers.
- Periodically counting product for inventory purposes.
- Complete all paper work in a timely and accurate manner.
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, and refunds.
- Using scale printer machine, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping clean, neat and orderly sales counters, food prep areas, warehouse shelving and walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Ensuring all department personnel use proper safety equipment and procedures.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Two years prior experience in a fresh foods environment preferably in a management role.
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday and/or evening shifts and assist other locations as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Serv-Safe certification preferred.
- Desire to learn new products and new recipes.
- A love of foods and a creative nature.
- Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn a wide variety of deli/food service products, including the ingredients that go into those products.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow team members.
- Work with deli ingredients including various meat items, vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- Physical Requirements
- Be able to lift up to 25lbs on occasion.
- Reaching above shoulder height and bending below waist.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment, including knives, slicers, burners, ovens, fryers and rotisseries.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.