Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0014314
The Settlements Department is responsible for the timely processing of all Trading and Marketing business related Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activity. The position ensures the timely generation of sales invoices, facilitates the timely payment of product and ancillary related expenses, provides external customer service and coordinates the resolution of process errors with internal counterparts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process manual payable matching between system transactions and third-party documentation.
- Monitor tolerance write off activity for reasonableness relating to payable invoices.
- Process daily manual sales invoices for all non-automated billing activity.
- Ensure that supporting documentation is consistent with invoice activity.
- Ensure that all automated billing activity has been successfully processed.
- Research and analyze payable and/or receivable discrepancies and provide timely communication to the Trading and Marketing departments to resolve issues.
- Ensure that invoices have been transmitted to customers via their preferred means (fax, email, US Postal, DTN.)
- Monitor AP and AR system interface error logs and facilitate the resolution of any reported issues.
- Support the Cash Application and Accounts Payable departments in the timely application of payments received or paid against transactions posted to the Oracle AR and AP system.
- Provide excellent customer service to external parties
- Comply with SOX policies and procedures
- Maintain accounts payable paperless file system
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Associate Degree or Certificate in Accounting preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- 1 to 3 years of Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable experience.
- Ability to learn and utilize new software applications. Right Angle and Oracle experience a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to meet daily deadlines and prioritize tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.