Assistant Terminal Manager
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0014407
Assistant Terminal Manager
• Able to manage all aspects of petroleum product movement from the ship to storage and from rack to customer’s trucks in Managers absence.
• Implement and communicate operating procedures and expectations aligned with corporate and industry standards
• Responsible for ensuring environmental compliance
• Develop and implement a capital plan for the Terminals to support the growth of the business and maximize assets
• Build and maintain relationships with our vendors and contractors
• Terminal is a 24/7 operation which may require some travel
• Identify opportunities for improvements or enhancements for equipment, facilities, resources, processes, training, new technologies, etc.
• Assist in day to day operations and issue resolution at the facility to ensure terminal is running safely and smoothly
• Maintain, communicate, and implement safety, environmental, regulatory and compliance standards and procedures
• Lead by example by supporting, communicating, assist in training team members on various programs being implemented by the company
Terminal budget and expenses need to be adhered to.
• 5 years’ experience in Marine Terminal Operations preferred
• Previous experience working with unions an asset
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are required
•Must have strong leadership capabilities, interpersonal skills, and the ability to lead, motivate, influence various personalities
• Familiar with Inventory Control systems
• Must be a team player and be able to recognize employee and customer needs and problem solve when required
• Must be able to work in a very fast paced environment and adapt to frequent change
• Knowledge of Government compliance regulations and safety regulations is required
• Individual in this role will be required to work on or near the water wearing PFD and other safety gear as well as work safely around high voltage and rotating equipment
• Requires the ability to climb stairs and ladders up to 50 feet above ground level
• Must possess a strong safety oriented background with ability to maintain and enhance safety programs
• Experience in handling hazardous materials preferred
• Maintain good house-keeping and records as required
• Assist in completion of all licenses, permits, etc. required by the company in a timely manner
• Knowledge of steam boilers and steam heating systems
• Knowledge of Heavy Oils and Renewable fuels
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
• Able to complete daily inventory and reconciliation.
• Able to complete payroll for employees
• Track and Bill Lease tenants
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.