Marine Terminal Operator
South Portland, Maine
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0014510
Position: Marine Terminal Operator, South Portland, Maine
Petroleum product transfers at our Marine Oil Terminal facility, along with daily maintenance and inventory control.
- Must be able to pass a back round check to obtain a TWIC
- Must be able to pass the State of Maine High Pressure Boiler Operators Exam within 12-months of initial employment.
- Must have a valid State of Maine license to operate a motor vehicle.
- Must be 18 years or older, and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to climb to heights of 50 feet using stairways and carrying tools.
- Must be able to climb ladders and gangways onto and off vessels.
- Cannot have a fear of heights or water.
- Must be able to lift at least 50-pounds.
- Must have the ability to work manual labor including shoveling, digging, and painting
- Must be able to wear dust masks.
- Must be able to work outside in extreme weather for extended periods of time
- Must have good visual skills
- Must be able to understand and adhere to strict regulations and procedures.
- Must be able to do shift work including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
- Must be able to work alone, and multitask.
- Must have good basic math and computer skills.
- Must be able to perform light janitorial duties.
- Must be able to align pipelines and valves for the receipt and discharge of petroleum products to or from vessels and to or from tank trucks.
- Must be able to gauge and compute product levels in tanks.
- Will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment; example and not limited to, safety toe work boots, safety glasses, hard hat, life jacket, and Tyvek suites.
- Mechanical aptitude to maintain and repair pumps, meters, truck loading equipment, and small engines helpful.
- General knowledge of some civil and building construction helpful.
- Must have some computer skills, working with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
Will be required to maintain a current Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC) after passing background check by FBI
Will be required to maintain a State of Maine High Pressure Boiler Operators License or higher.
High School Diploma
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.