VP, Retail and Consumer Technologies
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0014568
About The Role
Global Partners is an adaptive distribution energy company. For over 75 years, we’ve focused on community, safety, and creating stability for our stakeholders. Guided by family, with integrity and respect, we continue this work today. We’re looking for a Vice President of Retail & Consumer Technologies. This is an exciting role for Global Partners as this position will be a changemaker seeking innovative technologies and platforms to transform our consumer experience. We’re headed to the next level; we want someone who can move the ball forward by breaking new ground in technologies and drive innovation.
Essential Job Function
- Lead and govern Information Technology systems & resources for Global's convenient stores and customer facing solutions ensuring efficient, high availability application services and capabilities to support expansion, acquisition integrations, and profitability optimization.
- Responsible for identifying, vetting, and delivering innovative solutions that enhance the customer experience in-store, on-line, and through mobile applications.
- Influence business leaders on technology recommendations that increase sales and enable operational efficiencies and drive adoption internally.
Duties + Responsibilities
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Partner with key business stakeholders to understand current & future needs / opportunities and develop a strategic roadmap closely aligned with the corporate strategy.
- Develop viable investment plans required to deliver the IT strategy to enable business expansion.
- Evaluate POS systems, kiosks, kitchen management systems, loyalty programs, websites, mobile applications and other consumer facing technologies and define a digital transformation strategy as part of the strategic roadmap.
- Identify, evaluate, introduce, and own the adoption of new technologies to enhance revenue, profitability, customer loyalty, and brand positioning.
- Accountable for the daily operations of convenient store & customer facing systems. Manage the successful deployment of software solutions, release upgrades, and data exchange between applications and external partners.
- Optimize the support model to resolve issues quickly, while implementing effective long term solutions to minimize business disruption.
- Build, lead, and retain a high-performance team to effectively manage all systems and deliverables to be regarded as a trusted & valued business partner.
- Negotiate with and manage vendors to secure a cost effective delivery of quality solutions and services.
- Prepare an annual operating budget and monitor spend to ensure financial targets are met.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Minimum of 15 years of IT experience, of which at least 10 were focused on managing retail systems and consumer solutions including POS, Loyalty, E-commerce, and Mobile applications including order ahead/pay ahead ideally the convenient store or QRS industry, or with a technically focused consumer retailer.
- Minimum of 7 years of managerial experience hiring, leading, developing and motivating internal staff
- Sound technical competency in enterprise architecture and integration technologies, including 3rd party SaaS solutions, mobile apps, 3rd party delivery providers, etc.
- Strong Leader with the ability to influence discussions & decisions
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with business leaders to define IT strategy
- Experience managing & integrating retail acquisitions
- Proven capabilities leading 3rd party contract negotiations and managing external service delivery teams
- Track record of planning, leading and implementing large system initiatives
- Strategic thinker, who willing does whatever it takes to deliver results
- Security first mindset is paramount
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.