Food Service Associate
Category: Retail Store
Job Type: Part time
Job Req code: R0014613
We want YOU to work for Global and be part of our growing company. Where does your future lie and how can we help you get there? Now is your time to join our team! Apply Now!
A fresh foods clerk is responsible for the daily operations of the stores deli/foodservice, ensuring a high level of sanitation, store appearance and customer service while adhering to company policies and procedures. This person truly has a passion and love for food and serving the customer!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintaining a positive and friendly attitude towards customers and fellow team members.
- Engaging with customers through smiles and greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Focusing on providing fast and friendly customer service.
- Processing cash register transactions, giving back change, and refunds.
- Using scale printer machines, ensuring weights and pricing are correct.
- Understanding the importance monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement as well as the use of product shelf tags and shelf signage.
- Keeping a clean, neat and orderly check stand/sales counter and work production areas.
- Preparing, wrapping, boxing, weighing, slicing, and stocking deli/food service products, rotating them as necessary to ensure product quality and safety.
- The preparation and cooking of deli/foodservice items, which includes items like fried foods, salads prepared on premise, sandwiches, roller grill items, hot and cold beverages, prepared meals and snack items for hot and cold cases.
- Work safely around sharp slicers, tools and hot ovens and burners.
- Displaying products following deli department and/or merchandising guidelines.
- Taking customer orders, ensuring orders are completed on time and to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Other duties assigned by Store Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Applicants for this position must be at least 18 years old.
- Flexibility to work weekend, holiday and/or evening shifts and assist other locations as needed.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid driver’s license.
- Serv-Safe certification preferred.
- Desire to learn new products and new recipes.
- A love of foods and a creative nature.
- Remain helpful, tactful and courteous at all times.
- Work quickly and efficiently, sometimes with little direction, to accomplish assigned duties.
- Add, subtract, divide, multiply and perform other basic business math calculations.
- Learn to use register, scales, scanners and debit/credit terminals.
- Learn to use UPC codes, store signage, and learn and memorize various register keys and codes.
- Read UPC codes, product labels, shelf signage, register forms, and posted company policies/procedures.
- Learn a wide variety of deli/food service products, including the ingredients that go into those products.
- Communicate openly and professionally through appropriate body language, facial expressions and speech.
- Listen to and understand verbal and non-verbal communication of customers and fellow members.
- Work with deli ingredients including various meat items, vegetables and fruits, spices, nuts, flavorings, sauces and oils.
- Physical Requirements
- Be able to lift up to 25lbs on occasion.
- Reaching above shoulder height and bending below waist.
- Work in walk-in coolers and freezers.
- Stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, and frequently lift and/or maneuver merchandise and supplies.
- Be dexterous enough with hands and fingers so as to be able to use necessary equipment, including knives, slicers, burners, ovens, fryers and rotisseries.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.