Accounts Payable Specialist
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0014629
The Accounts Payable Expense Specialist role is an entry level position in the Accounts Payable Department. The primary responsibilities for this role will focus on invoice and expense processing for our continuously expanding organization. The ideal candidate must have the ability to interact with co-workers at all levels in a fast-paced environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. The AP Specialist must be able to maintain a high-level of accuracy.
Responsibility include but are not limited to:
- Three-way-matching of all Trade invoices for assigned vendors prior to payment
- Processing invoices for Non-Trade expenses
- Review Payment Request list for all vendors, verifying accuracy and support
- The mailing of all Trade and Non-Trade check payments
- Filing of all Trade and Non-Trade paid invoices and check copies.
- Reconcile AP with Vendor Statement by researching unpaid/short paid invoices to ensure timely resolution of vendor and AP records
- Communicate in a professional manner with external vendors regarding payment invoice status and other payment matters
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate directly with Vendor contacts and co-workers
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to meet Accounting month end deadlines
- Must possess integrity and be able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment
- Flexibility; ability to work additional hours as needs arise
- Ability to effectively learn and utilize new software applications
- Must be knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.