Employee Relations Specialist
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0015650
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for the support of employee relations, diversity, recognition and HR compliance programs. The Employee Relation Specialist role helps ensure an employee of choice workplace, best in class guest service and drive profitable sales. The Employee Relation Specialist reports to the Director of Human Resources
- Functions as the HR representative in conducting escalated employee investigations and collaborates with appropriate HR team members.
- Effectively organizes and documents investigations
- Counsels employee regarding work, family, or personal problems.
- Represents the organization at selected job fairs.
- Supports community outreach to attract a more diverse candidate pool
- Supports equal employment opportunity and affirmative action programs.
- Conducts exit interviews, summarizes and reports findings to senior HR management
- Prepare human capital reporting for team review and analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- Thorough understanding of recruiting methods and best practices, as well as applicable policies and federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Expert knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action requirements.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Bachelor's degree preferred in human resource management or related field or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Four (4) years of experience in a position of responsibility and supervisory duties.
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) credential a plus
- Occasional travel required
- Working knowledge of Spanish a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Occasional bending, reaching, lifting of 1 to 15 lbs.
- Ability to spend time standing, walking throughout the day
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.