Portfolio Project Lead
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0015770
We’re hiring for a Portfolio Project Lead, a very important role in the organization who will be responsible for initiating, tracking, and executing on a variety of projects to support our Gas Distribution and Station Operations (GDSO) team.
75 years and counting Global Partners creates a dependable, cost effective and reliable source of energy for our customers. We’ve also successfully developed community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming the customer experience and rethinking what it means to lead as the adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and frankly we don’t plan on stopping. With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible and innovative growth. From design, supply, and tech we’re looking for people to contribute to our company’s direction. Global Partners is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a longstanding company motivated by what’s next.
The Types of “Energy” You Bring
- You can see the big picture and move the puzzle pieces to effectively meet business goals and expectations. This includes being able to see overlap, parallels and symmetry within projects and decide how to designate resources accordingly.
- You have depth of knowledge knowing how to support, participate in and/or lead and execute on a variety of projects. Project areas may include areas of construction, maintenance, business, administrative and IT.
- You have sound strategic thinking skills; can both pivot when needed and inspire cooperation with a variety of colleagues and management.
- You are highly adaptable and able to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment with demonstrated ability to quickly adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- You have experience in leading projects through the regulatory approval process including local building departments, inspectors, fire marshals and other authorities as well as coordination of project close-out.
- You have experience in professional contract administration including architects, engineers, planners and other specialty consultants.
- You have experience in the selection of contractors and/or construction management first, contract negotiations and construction oversight responsibilities.
- You wear communication excellence on your sleeve. Along with being competent in various software programs such as, word, excel and power point. It is evident that you have proficiency in Microsoft Project and/or other PM software.
“Gauges” of Responsibility
- Lead discovery and kick-off calls, scope, determine risk, render agreements, budgets and decide resources available for projects.
- Manage large and complex portfolio of construction projects simultaneously from beginning to end, including developing full-scale project plans, budgets and managing all phases of the project from initial site selection through commissioning of site.
- Decide and organize project stakeholders, hold stakeholders accountable to assigned task and responsibility.
- Review plans for permits and bid.
- Lead the solicitation and selection of professional consultants, architects and engineers and prepare and negotiate consultant agreements.
- Prepare formal RFPs for architectural and engineering services.
- Review architectural and engineering drawings at various stages of design (schematic design, design development and construction documents) to ensure that standards are met.
- Manage the work of consultant architects and engineers in translating the user requirements for projects into architectural and engineering design.
- Coordinate purchase of equipment to ensure that correct products are purchased on a timely basis in order to meet project schedules.
- Manage multiple projects and/or business initiatives which enhance systems, processes and solutions across several lines of business.
- May be asked to coordinate all work related to a variety of projects and business initiatives including, but not limited to: project scheduling, plans and budgets, data requests, assignments, issue lists, agendas and timelines.
- Work closely with other business leaders to estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals. Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path utilizing appropriate project management software
- Develop templates and tools to structure information and publish communications including status decks, task plans, timelines and issue lists to project team members as needed.
- Proactively manage changes in scope, identify potential crises, and work with the SVP of Project Management and business owners to devise contingency plans.
- Build, develop and grow strong relationships with project team members.
- Create successful relationships with vendors, suppliers and contractors.
“Fuel for You
- Coins! We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness - Medical, Dental, Visions and Life Insurance. Along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead – We offer 401k and we match it!
- Professional Development - We provide tuition reimbursement; this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
- Give Back! We believe in community support. We know everyone gives in their own way, that’s why we offer paid volunteer time-off to you to help an organization of your choice.
The GPS of our Interview Process
- First thing first, if you’re interested in the role, please apply.
- A talent acquisition team member will review your resume in partnership with the hiring manager. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter will contact you to schedule interviews.
- We conduct “in-person” (ZOOM) interviews and provide additional hiring information items needed at that time.
- 7+ years in project management
- Demonstrated experience with the preparation of comprehensive project budgets and extensive knowledge of project financial monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Experience in Oil/Gas industry and/or Construction – gas station development a significant advantage
Education Requirements: BA or BS degree
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.