Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0015868
We’re hiring for a Franchise Operations Liaison, Incentive and Accounting Manager who will have their hand in franchise operations success, tenant accounting in lease partnerships and control vendor relationships primarily in utilities to maximize rebate initiatives and incentives from these vendors. This person should come to the table with an operations mindset, the understanding of accounting procedures and the willingness to stretch in the areas of the role they don’t come to the tank with.
For over 75 years we’ve created a dependable, cost effective and reliable source of energy for our customers and developed community integrated convenience stores. We’re transforming the customer experience and rethinking what it means to lead as an adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and frankly we don’t plan on stopping. With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible and innovative growth. From design, supply, and tech we’re looking for people to contribute to our company’s direction. Global Partners is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a longstanding company motivated by what’s next.
The Types of “Energy” You Bring
- You have experience in field operations, including the continuous evaluation and evolution of key processes that drive customer experience/satisfaction.
- You have experience in multi-unit franchise operations. Understands the relationship between franchisor and the franchisee operations and can handle/address concerns between the two.
- You are familiar with incentive programs vendors can provide.
- You have a strong understanding of accounting practices. Expertise in CAM management a plus
- You have excellent project management skills to drive consistency and performance, balancing costs/benefits to build accountability and impact. Proven ability to manage multiple moving parts and coordinate implementations.
- You are collaborative and quickly gain trust and partners cross-functionally. You build and sustains productive relationships at multiple levels. You thrive in a player/coach environment.
- You live in the spirit of entrepreneurial flexibility to thrive in a nimble environment where priorities can change and resources are not abundant. Ability to run with the ball, combining intelligence, independence and initiative.
“Gauges” of Responsibility -
- Liaison between Franchisee tenants and Global Operations. Handles disputes and address concerns and puts systems in place to maintain solutions as items are resolved.
- Manage vendor relationships and seek incentive programs, primarily with electricity vendor. Work directly with the energy broker on electricity RFQ’s, awarding the RFQ, and on new initiatives as major utility rebates become available, such as lighting for locations.
- Prepare detailed annual estimated CAM budgets for tenants
- Reconcile monthly and annual CAM for tenants with CAM requirements to Accounts Payable
- Review CAM costs quarterly and adjust budgets accordingly
- Perform annual true up reconciliation of CAM expenses for mailing to tenants along with copies of all invoices paid
- Prepare annual reconciliation of percentage of gross sales rent to guaranteed minimum rent paid by tenants
- Prepare and analyze expense reconciliations on a quarterly basis
- Oversee the company’s merchant agreement for credit card processing
- Aide Fleet Fuel Card team
- Maintain site dispenser data base for all company-controlled sites
- Assist in due diligence reviews on new acquisitions
“Fuel”for You -
- Coins! We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness - Medical, Dental, Visions and Life Insurance. Along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead – We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development - We provide tuition reimbursement; this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
- Give Back! We believe in community support. We know everyone gives in their own way, that’s why we offer paid volunteer time-off to you to help an organization of your choice.
The GPS of our Interview Process
- First thing first, if you’re interested in the role, please apply.
- A talent acquisition team member will review your resume in partnership with the hiring manager. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter will contact you.
- We conduct “in-person” (ZOOM) interviews and provide additional interview information or other items needed at that time.
- Experience in retail or hospitality operations, service intensive sectors with a strong customer focus. Franchise experience a plus
- Proven accounting related experience is required
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and Power Point proficient
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.