Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0016069
The Treasurer is responsible for developing and managing strategies, operations and policies related to the treasury function in close consultation with the CFO, including capital planning, capital spending, cash management, public market debt and equity transactions, bank borrowing, payment processing and foreign exchange.
About Global Partners LP: With approximately 1,550 locations primarily in the Northeast, Global is one of the region’s largest independent owners, suppliers and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores. Global also owns, controls or has access to one of the largest terminal networks in New England and New York, through which it distributes gasoline, distillates, residual oil and renewable fuels to wholesalers, retailers and commercial customers. In addition, Global engages in the transportation of petroleum products and renewable fuels by rail from the mid-continental U.S. and Canada. Global is a publicly traded master limited partnership (NYSE “GLP”)
Key Responsibilities / Performance Requirements:
- Participate in capital structure planning and execution.
- Manage debt obligations and maintain relationships with financial institutions and ratings agencies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with varied sources of capital.
- Manage processes and systems to determine daily cash position; track and manage daily funding.
- Forecast sources and uses of cash.
- Manage cash and investment portfolio.
- Assess, manage and mitigate foreign currency exposure.
- Assess, manage and mitigate interest rate risk.
- Manage payment processing and fraud prevention functions.
- Ensure treasury activities are in compliance with treasury policies, accounting guidelines, governance policies and internal controls.
- Member of M&A team, assisting in assessment and financing.
- This position reports to the CFO
- Seven to 15 years of experience in finance and treasury, with a preferred minimum of 5 years in a corporate banking, investment banking or corporate treasury.
- M.B.A. or other advanced degree preferred, either in finance, economics, statistics or similar fields.
- Knowledge of capital and currency markets, accounting, finance and tax.
- CTP or CFA a plus.
- Experience in SEC reporting & SOX compliance, as well GAAP reporting a plus.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.