Senior Project Manager
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0016233
Senior Project Manager
Global Partners is currently seeking a dynamic and experienced Senior Project Manager to join our project management team in our headquarters location. We are looking for a seasoned and dedicated individual, who is business and operationally oriented, with proven project management and leadership skills, who will fit with our collaborative, team-oriented culture. In this important role, you will work with all levels of the organization to further Global’s business goals by leading and executing a variety of business initiatives and IT projects in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment. The successful candidate will be a highly adaptable, natural leader, with outstanding critical thinking and problem-solving skills. They will be commercially curious, an excellent communicator, and be willing to do whatever it takes to help the team succeed. If this sounds like a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply.
Key components of the position are as follows:
- Effectively manage all aspects of a variety of complex projects and business initiatives including, but not limited to project plans/timelines, budgets, vendors, risks & issues, team logistics, & change management
- Develop and grow strong relationships with all stakeholders.
- Identify and manage project dependencies, risks and critical path.
- Create templates and tools to structure information and data for project documentation.
- Effectively track and manage project budgets.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and work with the SVP of Project Management and business owners to devise contingency plans.
- Develop and publish communications, including status decks, task plans, timelines, budget updates, and issues lists to project team members and executives as needed.
- Manage project documentation in compliance with SDLC Audit requirements
- Ensure all assigned projects, tasks, and activities are delivered on time and within budget
- BA or BS degree
- 10-15 years of experience leading and managing all aspects of complex IT and business projects
- A demonstrated track record of outstanding project management skills and delivering results through diverse project teams
- Strong understanding of, and experience using standard project management tools and methodologies, including SDLC requirements.
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to effectively facilitate cross-functional teams
- Highly adaptable and demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment with shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, influencing and mentoring skills
- Excellent presentation, coaching and facilitation skills
- Outstanding ability to work collaboratively and proven ability to influence others and to drive change and move projects forward
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and ability to inspire cooperation from a wide variety of colleagues
- Technically competent with various software programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Experience in Oil/Gas industry a significant advantage.
Other Significant Role Requirements:
- Strategic thinker - Ability to understand big picture, quickly assess issues and determine a course of action
- Collaborative and team-oriented leadership style – inspire confidence in others
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Results & Solutions Oriented - Passionate about results and able to get them under tough conditions and inspire others to perform beyond normal expectations.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adapt approach as needed to achieve goals – willingness to learn from feedback & experience
- Strong work ethic – Willingness to go above and beyond to get the job done
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.