Territory Sales Manager - Mid Atlantic
Home Office, Virginia
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0016349
The Dealer Territory Manager builds and maintains business relationships with Dealer customers. Analyzes sales, volume, retail standards, and pricing in order to coach customers for maximum business results. This person also maintains communications between customers and the company in order to ensure company standards and expectations are met.
There are several essential job duties and responsibilities in order to perform the Dealer Territory Manager Position. They fall under 6 different categories listed below
- Solicit new business for supply contracts with brand or unbranded service station dealers and negotiate long term supply agreements.
- Counsel customers in retail pricing to maximize business results.
- Monitor competition in customer’s area and add new competition when necessary.
- Validate that all internal reports have accurate pricing & competitive information.
- Handle general customer questions and complaints, explain company policies & initiative’s
- Ensure all customers’ needs are met in a timely manner in order maintain positive business relations between customer and company.
- Ongoing analysis of volume, competition, dealer offer & Mystery Shopper scores to maximize profitability for customer and company.
- Maximize profitability of each location by using tools and programs the company provides.
- Mystery Shopper, Educational Alliance,XOM loyalty & all others.
Delivery: work with the Dispatch team to:
- Handle any delivery issues, no fits, emergency loads
- Counsel customers on the benefits of automatic delivery & ordering per company guidelines
- Communicate with Dispatch to maximize delivery options
- Manage franchise agreement signings & submission of required documents
- Ensure dealers’ submissions of required documentation, i.e. insurance, etc.
- Manage dealer changes, assignments, sales etc.
- Manage customer (public) complaints.
- Conduct Site Surveys
- Ensure Signage, POP & Brand related program updates are implemented in the field.
- Ensure PCI, EMV compliance at sites
- Provide weekly “market updates’ & competitive intelligence on pricing, supply & other issues
- Work with the Credit Department team to set up new accounts, manage existing accounts & resolve issues.
- Education: BA/BS-4 year college degree preferred
- Experience: 2 years site-level or marketing/business operations experience. Demonstrated project management skills. Experience developing strategies, budgeting and brand management preferred.
- Computer Literacy: MS Office; Word, Excel, Power Point
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Ability to make decisions, firm, outgoing, analytical, ability to anticipate and solve problems, excellent communication skills, positive leadership ability
- Manage one’s time efficiently and effectively
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.