Category: Retail Store
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0016443
What is a Floating Manager? You begin by training with one of our store managers who will train you and get you prepared to take over your own store location. Initially, this is a well-compensated, hourly paid position requiring a 40-hour work week. Once trained in our paperwork and daily routine, you may be asked to travel ("float") to another nearby store to assist in the daily duties of that location. Once a location has opened, you will be assigned to that store location, and you will become a salaried employee.
Please read the Store Manager's job description below to give you a flavor for what you will be expected of you on a daily basis.
A Store Manager is responsible for the management of the ongoing day to day operations of the store, while adhering to Company policies and procedures; direct supervision of staff; maximizing store profits and ensuring a high level of customer service and store appearance.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform competitive gas price surveys on a daily basis
- Complete required daily accounting paperwork and transmit by noon to accounting office
- Make daily bank deposits by noon
- Account for ATM and Lottery funds on a daily basis, and make deposits (where applicable)
- Keep accurate fuel inventory records (red book), and report any excessive variations
- Recruit, hire, train, motivate, develop, discipline and terminate staff using appropriate documentation. (i.e. new hire packets, reference checks, communication forms etc.)
- Maintain high levels of cleanliness and sanitation
- Order and receive merchandise utilizing inventory ordering guidelines
- Inventory audits
- Maintain accurate compliance binders
- Perform annual employment evaluations
- Check costs on invoices to ensure charges are accurate by vendor
- Control inventory variations to 1% of sales or less
- Control cash over /short to $100 per month or less
- Audit cashier paperwork for accuracy
- Maintain image standards set forth and image surveys
- Report and Review all environment, maintenance issues and unusual occurrences to the proper authority as well as management personnel
- Schedule, monitor & control payroll hours on a daily, weekly & biweekly basis
- Detailed job description will be outlined during your formal interview.
Who are we?
Global Partner is a Fortune 500 company and one of the largest independent owners, suppliers, and operators of gasoline stations and convenience stores in the Northeast. Our convenient stores are comprised of: Alltown, Mr. Mike's, Xtra Mart, On the Run, Fast Freddie's, Honey Farms, and Jiffy Mart.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information or any other legally protected status.