Material Handler II
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0017583
Material Handler II - Hourly
Columbia Pacific Bio-Refinery is creating Material Handler II positions for our Clatskanie, Oregon, facility.
The Material Handler II position is responsible for the day-to-day loading and unloading of all co- products and raw materials by operating the necessary equipment in order to meet the goals, policies and objectives of the Company and maintain a safe, environmentally conscientious and efficient quality work environment.
Background / Experience:
- Material handling; forklift, rail mover and heavy equipment preferred.
- Minimum six months of experience in an industrial environment.
- Mechanically inclined, problem-solving abilities, good reading, writing, communication and mathematics capabilities.
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Hard working, self-motivated individuals.
- Manage confined space entry, climb ladders and steps, lift up to 60 lbs. and work at heights.
- Ability to concentrate and manage multiple, ongoing assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to function as a team player in a fast-paced operating plant.
- Detail-oriented; proficiency for accuracy; dependable; positive attitude.
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of assigned projects.
- Work productively under time constraints.
- Easy to communicate and work with others.
- Exhibits a sense of urgency when necessary.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to be on call and/or work rotating shifts as required.
- Timely sampling, loading and unloading of bulk liquid commodity and other co-products by railcar, truck and barge.
- Unload grain cars and inspect incoming grain.
- Stock inventory in designated areas.
- Assist Process Operators, Maintenance Technicians and/or Laborers as needed.
- Proper completion of all records related to plant shipments.
- Perform highly diversified duties to operate facility material handling and transfer equipment and machinery.
- Monitor loading/unloading operations, operate machinery and monitor computer systems.
- Responsible for quality control, monitoring system parameters and making adjustments as necessary to maintain safe and efficient material handling operations within quality specifications.
- Advise shift supervision about safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and production issues.
- Follow all required programs/policies including the LOTOTO procedures.
- Take samples, perform analyses and take measurements to determine co-product quality.
- Field operation of equipment throughout the facility.
- Operate forklift and other mobile equipment to maintain raw material supply and support continuous flow of finished product.
- Maintain work areas and housekeeping.
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information.
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as needed.
- Provide emergency and unscheduled repairs during production operations.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, perform Root Cause Analysis, repair and replace parts, test and make adjustments to ensure equipment operation, function and plant production.
- Complete daily operator logs.
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance as scheduled.
- Inform appropriate management of potential operational and/or equipment problems.
- Maintain all Safety, Environmental and Quality standards as it pertains to your job.
- Assist in the developing, following and enforcing plant safety policies and procedures.
- Handoff communications with oncoming/off-going shifts
- Participate in 5-S, TPM and Six-Sigma programs.
- Complete any and all tasks assigned by Plant Management.
- Participate in ongoing safety programs, safety training and following all safety procedures.
- Promote EHS & S awareness in the plant and monitor for EHS&S compliance.
- Promote compliance with all safety and environmental policies and/or standards.
- Able and willing to work rotating shifts.
- Able to work outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, rain, cold, etc.
- Comfortable with the physical aspects of the job including opening and closing railcars valves, climb railcars (heights), crawl under railcars, walk long distances on uneven terrain, maneuver heavy hoses in awkward/cramped spaces, etc.
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but it not limited to: OSHA, HazMat and FRA
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Position reports to the Ops Support Manager and the Process Supervisors.
- Comply with all Process Safety Management (PSM) requirements.
- Comply with the Risk Management Plan (RMP) for hazardous substances.
- Comply with the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plan (SPCC).
- Monitor plant emissions.
- Any and all other State, Federal or other jurisdictional reporting requirements as required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We consider applications for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.