Sales Account Manager
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0018821
We’re hiring for a National Wholesale – Sales Account Manager to expand Global’s National Wholesale business line to grow volume and margin through the sale of gas and oil. The ideal candidate will be P&L driven, possess a proven track record, industry experience, excellent interpersonal skills, an understanding of market dynamics, and existing customer and supply relationships. Candidate needs to be able to work independently but able to collaborate, initiate and execute sales and supply agreements. A positive, entrepreneurial mindset, a consistent desire to grow and be a part of a team that is focused on continuous improvement and a “do what it takes mentality.
For over 75 years Global Partners has been delivering the energy, products, and services that make life better. We’ve also successfully developed community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming the customer experience and rethinking what it means to lead as an adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and frankly we don’t plan on stopping. With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible and innovative growth. From design, supply, and tech we’re looking for people to contribute to our company’s direction. Global Partners is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a longstanding company motivated by what’s next.
The Types of “Energy” You Bring-
- You possess effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have strong time management and organizational skills.
- You have strong budget management skills.
“Gauges” of Responsibility-
- Develop and nurture strong customer contacts and positive, proactive and profitable business relationships.
- Execute on term, spot, prompts, forwards/futures, and understand and communicate on market and supply fundamentals, the competitive landscape, and what is needed to be successful
- Monitors sales data to ensure budget expectations are being met and exceeded.
- Develops and implements action plans and growth strategies that increase volume and margin and Global’s market presence, either face-to-face or phone contact.
- Cold calling and continuous market development.
- Comfortable with travel requirements within United States
- Other duties as required.
“Fuel” for You -
- Coins! We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness - Medical, Dental, Visions and Life Insurance. Along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead – We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development - We provide tuition reimbursement; this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
- Give Back! We believe in community support. We know everyone gives in their own way, that’s why we offer paid volunteer time-off to you to help an organization of your choice.
The GPS of our Interview Process-
- First thing first, if you’re interested in the role, please apply.
- A talent acquisition team member will review your resume in partnership with the hiring manager. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter will contact you.
- We conduct “in-person” (ZOOM) interviews and provide additional interview information or other items needed at that time.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with a sales/ account manager position
- Familiar with Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge preferred
Research shows that many, especially women and other marginalized people, are hesitant to apply for job if they don’t check every box. If you are excited about this position, and think you could have an impact here, please apply anyway, even if you don’t meet every point on the job description. We’d love to hear from you.
We require all corporate and terminal employees to be fully vaccinated by the time they start. Therefore, if you were to join Global Partners you would need to be fully vaccinated by your hire date to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Global Partners will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Global is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a highly qualified, diverse and dedicated work force and maintains a zero-tolerance policy with respect to discrimination in its workplace. We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, ancestry, race, gender, color, religion or creed, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, prior record of arrest or conviction, unemployment status or any other classification or status protected by applicable state, local or federal law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our recruiting department at 781-891-4000.