Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0019819
The IT Internship is a great opportunity to gain hands-on IT experience over the summer while working side by side with professionals from all levels in our Waltham, MA office. The IT Intern will have the opportunity to work with cross-functional teams to gather requirements, support project managers and IT team members in various enterprise wide IT initiatives. The intern will help provide data analysis, document IT processes and standard operating procedures, communicate key changes and train end users on various systems. In addition, the intern will design and create reports and analytical dashboards required for one or more of Global Partners’ key business areas. It is a great opportunity for a college student to learn more about of analysis and reporting while getting real-world experience. We offer a flexible work environment. This means working up to 2 days a week remotely and the rest of the time in the office.
For over 75 years Global Partners has been delivering the energy, products, and services that make life better. This longevity and success begin and ends with people. We create career paths and provide development programs for all roles in the organization. We’ve also successfully developed community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming the customer experience and rethinking what it means to lead as an adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and frankly we don’t plan on stopping. With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible and innovative growth. From design, supply, and tech we’re looking for people to contribute to our company’s direction. Global Partners is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a longstanding company motivated by what’s next.
The Types of “Energy” You Bring
- You bring your strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet daily deadlines.
- You bring your excellent organization skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- You are highly motivated, proactive, and willing to take on new challenges.
“Gauges” of Responsibility
Key responsibilities for the position include:
- Gather, review and analyze existing documentation of Global’s IT applications
- Review and update documentation on data flow and systems integration diagrams depicting the interactions of all applications within Global.
- Reach out and communicate with various individuals and organizations inside and outside of IT
- Identify gaps in documentation and key information on relevant systems.
- Develop high level catalog of data subjects and create a cross-reference to systems where data is captured or used.
- Organize meetings and document meeting minutes & action items
- Update configuration management (CMDB) tool with current information.
- Work with internal resources to understand the standards and use of Tableau and Tableau server at Global
- Work with internal resources to understand the standards and use of MS PowerBI at Global
- Create reports using Tableau and/or PowerBI for interactive user access. Publish reports and create subscriptions as required.
- Meet with the business to understand how data can be further leveraged to create impactful reports and visualizations using Tableau or PowerBI
- Utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills to define, build and deliver key performance metrics for various Business Functions
- Assist with other activities as directed
“Fuel” for You
- Coins! $18/hour
- Meet with executives
- Participate in a personal development workshop
- Work on a group research project for the end of the program
- Experiential field trips to learn the business
The GPS of our Interview Process
- First thing first, if you’re interested in the role, please apply.
- A talent acquisition team member will review your resume in partnership with the hiring manager. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter will contact you.
- We conduct “in-person” (ZOOM) interviews and provide additional interview information or other items needed at that time.
- Available to work full-time (40 hours/week) during the summer (May through Mid-August) both onsite and remote according to Global’s flexible work policy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize based on opportunities and effectively multitask
- Detail oriented mindset
- Understanding of IT systems concepts
- Understanding of process and data flow documentation, operating procedures
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project) required
- Understanding of relational database concepts, ETL/Integration services a plus
- Data Analysis skills with ability to review, profile and analyze data
- Hands on experience with Tableau (Desktop and Prep), preferably version 2021.x, or MS PowerBI is required. Exposure to Tableau Server or Online a plus.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Business Administration
Research shows that many, especially women and other marginalized people, are hesitant to apply for job if they don’t check every box. If you are excited about this position, and think you could have an impact here, please apply anyway, even if you don’t meet every point on the job description. We’d love to hear from you.
We require all corporate and terminal employees to be fully vaccinated by the time they start. Therefore, if you were to join Global Partners you would need to be fully vaccinated by your hire date to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Global Partners will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Global is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a highly qualified, diverse and dedicated work force and maintains a zero-tolerance policy with respect to discrimination in its workplace. We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, ancestry, race, gender, color, religion or creed, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, prior record of arrest or conviction, unemployment status or any other classification or status protected by applicable state, local or federal law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our recruiting department at 781-891-4000.