Director IT Operations
Category: Corporate Office
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0020225
Global is looking for an experienced, highly skilled and hands-on Director of IT Operations that will report to the SVP of Information Technology. The candidate for this role will serve as an integral member of our overall IT team and a key contributor as we begin to develop the future IT foundation to support Global's rapid growth. You will oversee the daily IT operations and provide day-to-day leadership for our IT Operations & Client Services teams. Additionally, you will support IT prioritized initiatives created by our Cybersecurity team as well as contribute to our overall IT strategy and roadmap. This role is based in our Corporate office in Waltham, MA.
We offer a flexible work environment. This means working up to 2 days a week remotely and the rest of the time in the office.
For over 75 years Global Partners has been delivering the energy, products, and services that make life better. This longevity and success begin and ends with people. We create career paths and provide development programs for all roles in the organization. We’ve also successfully developed community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming the customer experience and rethinking what it means to lead as an adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and frankly we don’t plan on stopping. With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible and innovative growth. From design, supply, and tech we’re looking for people to contribute to our company’s direction. Global Partners is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a longstanding company motivated by what’s next.
The Types of “Energy” You Bring
- Able to build productive relationships with users at all levels of the organization
- Sensitive to the importance of user adoption/change management
- Independent self-starter with the desire to grow and learn
- Skilled in vendor assessment, selection, and ongoing management
- Possess a growth mindset and a willingness to stretch into unfamiliar areas
“Gauges” of Responsibility
- Provide broad IT operations and service delivery leadership and expertise.
- Experience with ITIL framework service operations would be beneficial.
- Work closely with existing IT Operations and Client Service team members to deliver IT services and responses effectively and efficiently.
- Act as a catalyst to support important policies and procedures related to change management and new solutions onboarding.
- Serve as the primary relationship partner to our IT MSPs.
- Represent IT Operational requirements as part of major projects.
- Contribute to existing IT Operating policies and procedures; identify gaps and establish additional procedures as needed.
- Provide technical leadership, expertise and support for AV and telecom services.
- Identify areas where Global can streamline & improve operational efficiency through automated processes.
- Develop strategy as it relates to the organization's IT infrastructure (computer and information systems, security, communication systems).
- Explore new and emerging technologies that will assist in supporting Global IT operational infrastructure as part of our future roadmap including cloud-based infrastructure services.
- Provide oversight in managing the IT Operating budget and make recommendations for opportunities to streamline spending.
“Fuel” for You
- Coins! We offer competitive salaries and tuition reimbursement; this benefit is offered after 6 months of service
- Health + Wellness - Medical, Dental, Visions and Life Insurance. Along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead – We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development - We provide opportunities for growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who create trainings for growth and job development.
- Give Back! We believe in community support. We know everyone gives in their own way, that’s why we offer paid volunteer time-off to you to help an organization of your choice.
- Flexible Work - We offer a flexible work environment, with the option to work from home up to two days a week for all staff.
The “GPS” of our Interview Process
- First thing first, if you’re interested in the role, please apply.
- A talent acquisition team member will review your resume in partnership with the hiring manager. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter will contact you.
- We conduct “in-person” (ZOOM) interviews and provide additional interview information or other items needed at that time.
- Strong technical understanding of Windows Server Environment along with Windows 10/11 Desktop.
- Strong working knowledge of Active Directory/DNS.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft O365 platform.
- Experience with SSO/MFA (Okta).
- Experience with Kaseya.
- Experience managing both FTE and MSP staff members to achieve a high level of service.
- Comfortable working in a cloud and on-prem environment.
- Able to assess and prioritize conflicting priorities.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to distill complicated technical concepts for a general audience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent knowledge preferred.
Research shows that many, especially women and other marginalized people, are hesitant to apply for job if they don’t check every box. If you are excited about this position, and think you could have an impact here, please apply anyway, even if you don’t meet every point on the job description. We’d love to hear from you.
We require all corporate and terminal employees to be fully vaccinated by the time they start. Therefore, if you were to join Global Partners you would need to be fully vaccinated by your hire date to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Global Partners will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Global is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a highly qualified, diverse and dedicated work force and maintains a zero-tolerance policy with respect to discrimination in its workplace. We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, ancestry, race, gender, color, religion or creed, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, prior record of arrest or conviction, unemployment status or any other classification or status protected by applicable state, local or federal law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our recruiting department at 781-891-4000.