Columbus, North Dakota
Job Type: Full time
Job Req code: R0021531
The Terminal Operator is responsible for the safe operation of the onsite rail, pipeline, barge and truck rack equipment and duties. In addition, the position is responsible for day-to-day loading and unloading of all petroleum products by operating the necessary equipment to meet the goals, policies and objectives of the Company and to maintain a safe, environmentally conscientious and efficient quality work environment
For over 75 years Global Partners has been delivering the energy, products, and services that make life better. This longevity and success begin and ends with people. We create career paths and provide development programs for all roles in the organization. We’ve also successfully developed community integrated convenience stores where we are transforming the customer experience and rethinking what it means to lead as an adaptive energy distribution company. This is a source of pride and frankly we don’t plan on stopping. With our recent game changers such as PaybyCar Contactless Payment and Renewable Diesel Fuel, we are looking to continue responsible and innovative growth. From design, supply, and tech we’re looking for people to contribute to our company’s direction. Global Partners is a great opportunity for those looking to develop their career with a longstanding company motivated by what’s next.
“Gauges” of Responsibility
- Timely sampling, loading and unloading of products by rail, truck and pipeline.
- Stock inventory in designated areas
- Proper completion of all records related to plant shipments
- Monitor loading/unloading operations, operate machinery and monitor computer systems
- Advise shift supervision about safety, environmental, quality, maintenance and production issues
- Follow all required programs/policies including the LOTO procedures.
- Take samples, perform analyses, and take measurements to determine product quality
- Field operation of equipment throughout the facility
- Operate forklift and other mobile equipment
- Maintain work areas and housekeeping
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as needed.
- Provide emergency and unscheduled repairs during operations
- Troubleshoot, diagnose problems, repair and replace parts, test and make adjustments to ensure equipment operation
- Complete all daily, weekly, monthly operational reports accurately
- Perform preventive and predictive maintenance as scheduled
- Inform appropriate management of potential operational and/ or equipment problems
- Maintain all Safety, Environmental and Quality standards as it pertains to your job
- Assist in the developing, following and enforcing Terminal safety policies and procedures
- Handoff communications with oncoming/off-going shifts
- Complete all tasks assigned by Terminal Management
- Participate in ongoing safety programs, safety training and following all safety procedures
- Promote compliance with all safety and environmental policies and/or standards
- Petroleum product transfers at our Pipeline Terminal facility, along with daily maintenance and inventory control.
- Able and willing to work night shift
- Other tasks as assigned
“Fuel” for You
- Coins! We offer competitive salaries and opportunities for growth. We mean it! We have an amazing Talent Development Team who create trainings for growth and job development.
- Health + Wellness - Medical, Dental, Visions and Life Insurance. Along with additional wellness support.
- The Road Ahead – We offer 401k and a match component!
- Professional Development - We provide tuition reimbursement; this benefit is offered after 6 months of service.
- Give Back! We believe in community support. We know everyone gives in their own way, that’s why we offer paid volunteer time-off to you to help an organization of your choice.
The GPS of our Interview Process
- First thing first, if you’re interested in the role, please apply.
- A talent acquisition team member will review your resume in partnership with the hiring manager. If your experience would lend to this opportunity a recruiter will contact you.
- We conduct “in-person” (ZOOM) interviews and provide additional interview information or other items needed at that time.
- Must be able to attend and pass all test associated with job related coursework. This includes, but is not limited to: OSHA, Hazard Communication, Fire Prevention, etc.
- Ability to work manual labor outdoors in all weather conditions: extreme wind, rain, cold, etc. including, but not limited to; shoveling, digging, and painting
- Ability to wear dust masks
- Must be able to do shift work including nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Have good basic math and computer skills
- Must be able to perform light janitorial duties
- Must be able to align pipelines and valves to receive and to discharge product to or from storage tanks and tank trucks
- Must be able to gauge and compute product levels in tanks
- Strong mechanical aptitude to maintain and repair pumps, meters, truck loading equipment, and small engines helpful
- Ability to drive a vehicle
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to walk distances up to 5 miles in a day
- Ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, and the like, maintaining 3 points of contact
- Ability to work in outside environments which may include but are not limited to, extreme heat (temperatures above 100°F) or extreme cold (temperatures below 32°F) for periods of more than one hour
- Ability to lift 50lbs
Research shows that many, especially women and other marginalized people, are hesitant to apply for job if they don’t check every box. If you are excited about this position, and think you could have an impact here, please apply anyway, even if you don’t meet every point on the job description. We’d love to hear from you.
We require all corporate and terminal employees to be fully vaccinated by the time they start. Therefore, if you were to join Global Partners you would need to be fully vaccinated by your hire date to be eligible to start in the role. As a condition of employment, you would need to submit official COVID-19 vaccine documentation. Global Partners will consider and review reasonable accommodation requests based on medical or religious grounds for qualified candidates.
Global is committed to attracting, developing and retaining a highly qualified, diverse and dedicated work force and maintains a zero-tolerance policy with respect to discrimination in its workplace. We consider applications for all positions without regard to age, ancestry, race, gender, color, religion or creed, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, prior record of arrest or conviction, unemployment status or any other classification or status protected by applicable state, local or federal law. If you have a disability and need an accommodation to apply, please contact our recruiting department at 781-891-4000.